Salesperson NEW applicants must:
- Have reached the age of majority, eighteen (18).
- Successfully complete sixty (60) classroom hours of real estate education of which thirty (30) classroom hours must be in the basic principles of real estate, from an accredited postsecondary school or a school or organization licensed by the Arkansas Real Estate Commission [ACA Sect. 17-42-303 and Commission Regulation 4.1];
- Submit a salesperson application to the AREC including information required for State and Federal criminal background checks.
- Receive approval to sit for the exam from the Arkansas Real Estate Commission.
- Pass the licensure examination.
- Send the proper forms and fees to the Arkansas Real Estate Commission no later than ninety (90) days after passing the examination.
Beginning October 18, 2021, the Arkansas Real Estate Commission will no longer accept physical fingerprint cards towards licensing applications from Arkansas resident candidates. Pursuant to Arkansas Code § 12-12-1005, fingerprints must be submitted electronically through the Arkansas State Police Criminal Background Check System for all Arkansas resident applicants. Non-resident applicants may still apply using physical fingerprint cards.
Need more information about the requirements and the licensing process? Click HERE for more info.
Click HERE to see all of our upcoming "Get Your License" classes.